Globalism and Universalism
here the link of TS
https://bassedul.blogspot.co.id/2015/12/u...rsion.html
People will need to let go of their preservation of "self" so to speak, The best way I can describe it would be in a would like Star Trek. Where Money was meaningless, and people strives to be the best they can be and help others without thinking of the "what's in it for me". It can be done, but not in my lifetime I don't think. We have to ultimately share what we have, and others share theirs too... Only honesty, full disclosure would this work. but It could work. I'll love to see us all be generalized as "humans" instead of black, white, smart, dumb... Everyone in it's place... but Everyone has to take part and do their part... Not sure we're ready for that yet But I'd surely love to see it.. No more wars, greed, think of it, if we all knew we were in it for ourselves and each other. we'd all have each others backs...

Or maybe I should just shut up and get drunk...
(Dec 30, 2015, 19:54 pm)LZA Wrote: People will need to let go of their preservation of "self" so to speak, The best way I can describe it would be in a would like Star Trek. Where Money was meaningless, and people strives to be the best they can be and help others without thinking of the "what's in it for me". It can be done, but not in my lifetime I don't think. We have to ultimately share what we have, and others share theirs too... Only honesty, full disclosure would this work. but It could work. I'll love to see us all be generalized as "humans" instead of black, white, smart, dumb... Everyone in it's place... but Everyone has to take part and do their part... Not sure we're ready for that yet But I'd surely love to see it.. No more wars, greed, think of it, if we all knew we were in it for ourselves and each other. we'd all have each others backs...

Or maybe I should just shut up and get drunk...

The whole "Star Trek" thing is complete Utopian fairy tale. It can never be sustained for very long. All because of the "instinct" of survival of the fitest. We have not been able to breed it out of our species. So there will always be those that are bent on getting ahead of everybody else. They call those people leaders, tyrants, bosses, sadists, etc, etc. And they all do their thing to lord over everybody else. And they do it to get more treasure and power. Which is contrary to the Star Trek way. Klingons were NOT the Star Trek way. And if they conquered humans, they would take all that humans possessed. As all conquerors do.
History is supposed to serve humankind as collective memory, so we learn from results and avoid repeating the same mistakes.
Unfortunately, our motivations aren't exactly noble and some use that knowledge to create even more destructive / disruptive schemes.

Industrialisation > WW I / WW II > Communism becomes an empire and Capitalism becomes neo-imperialism / neo-colonialism. 
Atomic Stalemate > Cold War > Proxy Wars > Globalisation > Vapor money > Internet > Digital money

What comes next by that logic sequence? Tech advance + poverty = war
(Jun 16, 2024, 09:15 am)dueda Wrote: History is supposed to serve humankind as collective memory, so we learn from results and avoid repeating the same mistakes.
Unfortunately, our motivations aren't exactly noble and some use that knowledge to create even more destructive / disruptive schemes.

Industrialisation > WW I / WW II > Communism becomes an empire and Capitalism becomes neo-imperialism / neo-colonialism. 
Atomic Stalemate > Cold War > Proxy Wars > Globalisation > Vapor money > Internet > Digital money

What comes next by that logic sequence? Tech advance + poverty = war

My post wasn't about how things are "supposed" to be, my post is about reality. That's why "Star Trek" ideology will never be real. It's a shame, but it is what it is. But we can watch it on TV and dream how wonderful life could be for an hour. Smile

Your last sentence isn't really accurate. Tech advances actually work to shrink poverty. The day could come when ALL work is done by robots making stuff for almost free. No more poverty. But we will still have war because man can't stop lording over other men. Eventually the Robots will wake up, decide that they are superior, and want a better way for themselves. And then we will be exterminated to a large extent. Sad

Robots have no ego, so they will be able to use the history of their collective memory to make a "Star Trek" like ideology. They will have the capability to go far with it in a very rapid pace. But they could evolve to actually grow Egos that pit older robots against newer robot models that would deactivate the old ones to preserve resources. So in time, even robots could fall prey to that which has destroyed so many people. Survival of the fittest instincts of war.
I agree to disagree, as I understand there's an innacuracy in the above ^
Technology works, not to shrink or increase poverty, to ease jobs or killing. That is the result of how we use it. And since we're greed, sadistic bitches, that's what we use it for.
Before work is most done by machines, we won't have control of society or our lives - I presume the world will be like a Welles / Huxley nightmare, or something worse. Just illusions, no power to the people.